The Waveform Analyzer (WFA) is a post process analyzer for audio WAV Files or TDMS files that provides A-weighted and 1/3 octave band sound pressure levels versus user selectable time intervals. An integrated audio player allows users to listen to the file while examining the sound level vs time history.
The Waveform Analyzer is the perfect analysis tool for conducting detailed sound level analysis on any TDMS or audio WAV file. It can provide very short time interval 1/N Leq sound levels on products or equipment with time varying sound levels. And, it can analyze very long recordings of environmental noise or plant noise.
WFA processes standard audio WAV and TDMS format files and provides several methods of establishing level calibration, allowing files made on most any hardware to be analyzed using the WFA.
- Recordings made with our Trident data acquisition software have embedded normalization and will automatically be calibrated with retrieved into WFA
- Recordings made with Bruel and Kjaer’s Pulse data acquisition system can have calibration information read directly into WFA
- Recordings with known A-weighted sound pressure levels can calibrated based on the known level
- Recordings of a calibration signal with the settings as the recording to be analyzed can be used to establish level calibration
Typical applications for Waveform Analyzer include :
- Noise emissions from appliances and equipment that goes through various operational cycles
- Plant noise monitoring from recording dosimeters
- Environmental noise monitoring
- Pulsed alarm signals
The integrated player and cursor controlled playback feature allows users to listen to the file at any point in the level vs time analysis in order to identify operational or environmental events associated with level changes.
View the Waveform Analyzer features tour here.